Tunes by Selene Messinis
- Moods of the SunStraight · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · Compound
- Ode to TroyStraight · 2010-now · Hard · Instrumental · 7/4
- ReflexologyStraight · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · 4/4
- SeasoarStraight · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · Db · 5/4
- Simmering Sauce of ThymeOther · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · 4/4
Selene Messinis is a Melbourne-based multi-instrumentalist and composer, known for her versatility and strength of sound. Having been initially inspired by the quintessential ECM recordings at a young age, her compositional style now fuses fiery rhythmic patterns, minimalist melodies and lush, harmonic soundscapes to create a sound that is decidedly her own. She regularly performs in jazz venues and at corporate events across Melbourne as a solo artist, session musician and collaborator with a number of different ensembles: co-founded trio, ISM, and jazz-fusion quartet, ‘Four [Means 4]’;internationally acclaimed Latin fusion outfit ‘Bella Wolf’ and other pop/electronic projects. She has performed for projects with the Arts Centre, the Australian Centre for Contemporary Art, the Melbourne International Jazz Festival, the Victorian Youth Symphony Orchestra, the Stonnington Jazz Festival, the Melbourne International Comedy Festival and the St. Kilda Festival.
Over the past few years, Selene has studied quite extensively with Australian piano icons Joe Chindamo and Steve Sedergreen, helping her to sculpt the fluid and sophisticated sound she has established today.