Tunes by Paul Cutlan
- Blue StepLatin · 2000-2010 · Medium · Instrumental · G · 4/4
- LivingStraight · 1990-2000 · Medium · F · 5/4
- Perhaps Next TimeStraight · 2000-2010 · Medium · Instrumental · Eb · 4/4
- Stoned FlySwing · 2000-2010 · Medium · Instrumental · Bb · 4/4
- Dimitri's MoodAfro-Cuban · 2020-2030 · Medium · Instrumental · Db · 12/8
Paul’s uniquely expressive voice as a multi-instrumentalist and composer is informed by contemporary classical music, world music and jazz.
He graduated from the Tasmanian Conservatorium of Music and went on to perform with many jazz/improvising groups committed to presenting original Australian music, as well as international acts such as Lou Reed, Bobby Previte and Jim McNeely.
Paul was a member of the Australian Art Orchestra for 15 years and continues as a member of MARA! after 20 years, having frequently toured Europe, North America, Mexico and Asia.
He composed and performed for the acclaimed theatre production Birth of the Cool for the 2003 Sydney Festival, with subsequent seasons in Edinburgh and Germany.
Since receiving his Master of Music in Composition from Sydney University, Paul has had works commissioned by Ars Musica Australis, The NOISE string quartet, Divergence Jazz Orchestra and Jenny Eriksson.