Tunes by Jamie Oehlers
Now based in Perth, Western Australia, Jamie was the winner of the 2003 White Foundation World Saxophone Competition, was named Australian Jazz Musician of the Year at the 2007 Bell Awards, as well as winning the Best Jazz Release category and is now coordinator of Jazz Studies at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
He has performed with leading international jazz artists in the United States, Asia, India, UK, Europe, New Zealand and throughout Australia and frequently performs at jazz clubs and festivals throughout the world.
- Western Australian Conservatorium of Music
- Berklee College of Music, Boston
- Private Study in US with Dave Liebman, George Garzone, George Coleman, Hal Crook.
- Winner of the 2003 White Foundation World Saxophone Competition
- Winner of 2007 Bell Award for Australian Jazz Musician of the Year
- Winner of 2009 Bell Award for Best Contemporary Jazz Cd Release “Lost and Found”
- Winner of 2007 Bell Award for Best Contemporary Jazz Cd Release “You R Here” Vol 2
- Winner of 2006 Bell Award for Best Contemporary Jazz CD Release “Assemblers”
- Winner of James Morrison Scholarship
JVC Jazz Festival (New York), BBC London Jazz Festival, Jazz Yatra Festival (India), Montreux Jazz Festival (Switzerland), Edinburgh Jazz Festival (Scotland), Galway Jazz festival, Bray Jazz Festival (Ireland), Manila Jazz festival (Philipines), Villa Celimontana (Italy), Jazz Alive Festival (New Zealand).
Wangaratta Jazz Festival, Melbourne International Jazz Festival, Fremantle Jazz Festival, Manly Jazz Festival, Stonnington Jazz Festival, Darwin Fringe Festival, Apollo Bay Music Festival, Sydney Festival, Festival of Perth, Glenelg Jazz Festival, Melbourne Jazz Fringe Festival, Half Bent Music Festival, Darling Harbour Jazz Festival, Adelaide Festival and many more
As a leader
- 2010 – “On A Clear Day” Oehlers/Grabowsky (Jazzhead Records)
- 2007 – “Lost and Found” Oehlers/Grabowsky/Beck (Jazzhead Records)
- 2006 – “You R Here” Session 1 (Jazzhead Records)
- 2006 – “You R Here” Session 2 (Jazzhead Records)
- 2003 – “The Assemblers” Jamie Oehlers (Jazzhead Records)
- 2003 – “Grace” Sam Keevers and Jamie Oehlers (Jazzhead Records)
- 2003 – “Blowfish” Blowfish featuring Alison Wedding (Bennett’s Lane Records)
- 2000 – “Velocity” Jamie Oehlers (Newmarket Records)
- 1998 – “Strut” Jamie Oehlers (Sunset Records)
As a sideman
- 2006 – “Far Away Here” Paul Williamson (Jazzhead Records)
- 2005 – “On the Surface, Near the Core” Paul Williamson (Newmarket Records)
- 2006 – “No Conditions” Sam Keevers (Jazzhead Records)
- 2006 – “No Exceptions” Sam Keevers (Jazzhead Records)
- 2003 – “Joyful” Toby Mak (Newmarket)
Jamie has performed in the United States, Asia, India, UK, Europe, New Zealand and throughout Australia with leading international jazz artists like Charlie Haden, Geri Allen, Robert Hurst, Eric Harland, Reuben Rogers, George Garzone, Cindy Blackman, Ronnie Scott, John and Jeff Clayton, Curtis Lundy, Paul Grabowsky, Dale Barlow, Bernie McGann, Barney Mcall, Scott Tinkler, Joe Chindamo and James Morrison, and with groups like the Australian Art Orchestra, Sam Keevers Octet, Paul Grabowsky Quartet/Qunitet and Sextet, Blowfish and the Paul Williamson Sextet.
- Currently Co-ordinator of Jazz Studies at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts
- Victorian College of the Arts (Melbourne)
- Monash University (Melbourne)
- Workshops in the UK, Ireland and throughout Australia and New Zealand