Tunes by Eamon Dilworth
- From Bucharest With LoveOther · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · F · 5/4
- Lettin LooseStraight · 2000-2010 · Hard · Instrumental · D · Compound
- MilanoOther · 2010-now · Easy · Instrumental · F · 4/4
- The Maurice EffectStraight · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · F#/Gb · 4/4
- ToranFree · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · G · 4/4
- EickStraight · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · F · 4/4
- DiscomfortBallad · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · F · 4/4
- Prelude To A SecretStraight · 2010-now · 5/4
- The HidingStraight · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · Db · 3/4
- The LadyFree · 2010-now · Medium · 4/4
Eamon Dilworth, whose trumpet “sometimes carries a blast of the raucous vibrancy associated with Balkan Gypsies or Spanish bullfight bands” (Sydney Morning Herald) has established himself as a trumpeter, creative musician & manager with regular performances across Europe, Australia & New Zealand alongside musicians from the far reaches of the genre-spectrum from improvised to mainstream-pop music.
His collaborations extend from leading Tiny Hearts & The Dilworths, across to performing alongside seasoned jazz players Dale Barlow, James Muller & The Jazzgroove Mothership Orchestra, his contemporaries Paul Derricott, Steve Barry, Dave Jackson & Alex Boneham, Internationally as a guest with Nigel Kennedy (UK) and outside of jazz with Guy Sebastian with Lupe Fiasco, Jessica Mauboy, The Beautiful Girls & Caravana Sun.
These have lead to performances at prestigious venues :: Porgy & Bess (Vienna Austria), George Enescu Museum (Bucharest, Romania), The Ellington (Perth), Sydney Opera House, Bennetts Lane (Melbourne)
Festivals :: North Sea Jazz Festival, Montreax Jazz Festival, Wangaratta Festival of Jazz, Splendour in the Grass, Arrifana Surf Festival (Portugal)
TV :: X Factor Grand Final, Sunrise, ARIAS (Jess Mauboy) Today Show (Guy Sebastian)
Eamon has released two albums as a leader & co-leader:
The Dilworths (2009)
Tiny Hearts – Alluvium (2014)
Awards & Honours ::
– Nominationed for the 2010 and 2011 Young Australian of the Year in the Jazz Bell Awards
– 2011 Siena Jazz Scholarship,
– 2010 Big Brother Movement Scholarship for studies in London,
– Top scholarship from the Umbria Jazz Clinics to Berklee College of Music
– 2007 James Morrison Scholarship finalist.
Bachelor of Music (Jazz) from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music
Private study with :: Laurie Frink, Brian Lynch, Lew Soloff, Ambrose Akinmusire and Jim Rotundi,Phil Slater, Warwick Alder, Scott Tinkler, Judy Bailey, Mike Nock, Bob Coassin Dale Barlow, Dave Douglas, Avishai Cohen, Kenny Werner, John Taylor & Lionel Loueke.
Eamon’s musical journey began in 1995 learning trumpet and later brief pursuits in Violin, French Horn and Double Bass. From 15 he started performing professionally at Sydney Jazz Club Soup Plus and various venues around Sydney. Involvement in The Australian All Star Big Band, Pan Pacific jazz Camps (now Jazz Workshop) and the Pan Pacific Big band he had opportunities to tour New Zealand, Europe and America offering long lasting inspiration through seeing many of the jazz greats at Monterey, North Sea and Montreux Jazz Festivals.