Tunes by Andrew Murray
- BenderFunk · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · Eb · 4/4
- Bobby BLatin · 2000-2010 · Medium · Instrumental · G · 4/4
- DigSwing · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · F · 4/4
- Early Days (Stages Suite Movement 1)Swing · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · C · 4/4
- Karma (Stages Suite Movement 3)Ballad · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · 4/4
- Two For Tommy OFunk · 2010-now · Medium · Instrumental · G · 4/4
Andrew Murray (Music Director, Composer, Arranger, Trombonist and Pianist) has worked as the Musical Director for Victoria Police Bands, as an instrumental teacher at both Secondary and Primary level, directed voice at National Institiute of Youth Performing Arts, and works as a freelance composer/trombonist. As a leader Andrew runs 15-piece big band ATM15, and funk outfit The Randy Anderson.
Andrew has conducted and performed his compositions at iconic Austrian jazz club 'Porgy and Bess', won the APRA & Jazzgroove Mothership Orchestra’s ‘National Big Band Composing Competition’, adjudicated the same competition two years later, and won Jazzverk, Sweden's premier International Big Band Competition.
Andrew’s commissioned works include writing for Fred Wesley, Kate Ceberano, the WA Youth Jazz Orchestra and the Eltham High Jazz Band. He has studied composition and band direction under Bob Brookmeyer, Ed Partyka, Ed Neumeister and Graham Lyall, and has guest lectured at Monash University, Melbourne Youth Music, Eltham High and the WA Youth Jazz Orchestra.
During his career as a professional trombonist Andrew has performed with such musicians as Carla Bley, Steve Swallow, the Essen Philharmonic, James Morrison, Joe Chindamo, Darryl Sommers and Pete Murray.
Andrews education includes studying a Masters in Music (Composition) at the University of Music Dramatic Arts in Graz Austria, a Bachelor of Music (Jazz) at the WA Academy of Performing Arts, and a Diploma of Music (Jazz/Popular) at the Gordon TAFE.